Friday 3 December 2010

Analysis of 3 digipaks that relate to your genre.


This is the digipak for Mika, who is of the pop genre although our genre is actually indie pop, my digipak should also be eye catching but not as bright as this as my genre is also indie. The audience is similar to my artist as mainly females listen to Mika's music, this will be the same for my artist Aimee Star.



 This is the digipak for Katy Perry's new album Teenage Dream. The use of black is links in with the indie rock genre, which i will incoporate in my digipak. There is also an ongoing theme through each panel which i will also have. This links in with my audience as Katy Perry's audience will be similar to my artist's because of the pop, rock influence and because Katy Perry's audience is mainly teenage girls which is hinted in the title 'Teenage Dream.'

This is a song from her album which demonstrates that it links to my genre and audience.




This is the digipak of Florence and the Machine's debut album Lungs. Florence is also of the indie pop genre this is evident with the use of black which takes up most of the digipak. The pair of lungs on the back which are labelled also show the kookiness associated with indie pop, the romanticism shown in the front cover with the flowers and feminine pose also suggests that the audience is mainly female, which is similar to my artist.


Here is a song from the album.


No comments:

Post a Comment