Sunday 26 September 2010

Request for copyright clearance.

To prevent copyright and privacy issues arising, it was required to write a letter and email it to the company to request permission to use the chosen songs. The songs selected are the songs that I personally liked and might want to use for the music video. (I have incorporated the links to the songs below.)


Request to Universal Music
35 Balmore Close
London, Poplar
United Kingdom
E14 0NZ

26th September 2010
Universal Music Operations Limited,
364-366 Kensington High Street,
London, W14 8NS

Dear Universal Music,
I am requesting for the copyright permission to use as a whole for either of the following songs:
·              Stevie Hoang - I'll Be Fine
·              The Wanted - Heart Vacancy

I am a student of A Level Media Studies and for my Advanced Portfolio I will be working in a group to produce a promotional package for the release of a new album track.  I would like to request permission to use the above track for this project. 

The finished project will not be made available publicly and will be used solely for coursework purposes.  The holder of the original copyright will be fully acknowledged in the finished project. 

If you do not hold the rights for this song I should be grateful if you could forward this request to the appropriate person, or return it to me with the contact details in order that I might approach the copyright holder directly.

Yours faithfully,

Kim Nguyen
Kimzi3e@hotmail.co.uk

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
35 Balmore Close
London, Poplar
United Kingdom
E14 0NZ

26th September 2010
Sony Music Entertainment UK Limited
9 Derry Street,
London W8 5HY

Dear Sony Music,

I am requesting for the copyright permission to use as a whole for the song:
·              The Script - For The First Time

I am a student of A Level Media Studies and for my Advanced Portfolio I will be working in a group to produce a promotional package for the release of a new album track.  I would like to request permission to use the above track for this project. 

The finished project will not be made available publicly and will be used solely for coursework purposes.  The holder of the original copyright will be fully acknowledged in the finished project. 

If you do not hold the rights for this song I should be grateful if you could forward this request to the appropriate person, or return it to me with the contact details in order that I might approach the copyright holder directly.

Yours faithfully,

Kim Nguyen
Kimzi3e@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment