Tuesday 4 January 2011

Developing Digipak/Advertisment.

Digipak opinions:
During development, I found that making the background was much harder than I thought at times but also quite relatively straight forward. Photoshop’s functions and effects helped a great deal to illustrate the effect I wanted to go for.
During designing, and playing around with Photoshop elements and effects, I thought that adding more small details was vital- such as adding overlay effects of shapes on top of layers and using light coloured shapes which are faintly seen in the background would be effective in creating the ‘graphic look’. The graphic look is quite bold, retro and has clear shapes or images running throughout. I changed some aspects of my mock-up on paper as in Photoshop, I added much more shapes and designs, and also took away some aspects e.g. stripy buildings and windows, as I believed they did not look as effective on Photoshop.




Advertisement opinions:
I believed that the advertisement was much more easier and quicker to do, since I got used to Photoshop when designing my digipak. However, since the poster was supposed to be done in A4 portrait, it clashed with my idea of using the front cover of the album as the advertisement. I thought that using the inside cover of the digipak instead would be more effective, considering that the photos provides a space to write in (the blue wall.) I thought that having a simple but effective advertisement would be useful but it also has links with my digipak. Additionally, my first initial idea was to just make it plain and simple by advertising the album, but because of the change of plans, I added 'tour dates' because there would be too much 'blue space' if I were to just advertise the album only.



No comments:

Post a Comment